Monday, October 5, 2009

My Art -The Bride of Frankenstein

"It's a perfect night for mystery and horror.
The air itself is filled with monsters."
~ Mary Shelley

This is a new art piece I made for this Hallowe'en. I finished this several months ago, but I wanted to wait until October to share her. I hadn't actually set out to do the Bride of Frankenstein, but as I was working on a piece of another vampy gal, she just kind of morphed into the Bride, so I went with it. (You can click the image to see it larger) And yes, I know she wasn't green, but after looking at her both in a green and not so green light....the consensus was that we all preferred her in a lovely shade of green. Perhaps she is more of a 'monster mash-up' between the Bride and Frankie himself. Either way, it's a perfect day for Monsters don't you think?! :o)
Artwork © Wendy A. (All Rights Reserved)

16 comments:

Shawn Robare said...

I have to agree that she looks pretty cool with the slightly green hue. You have a very nice eye for slight gradients in the color, just enough to give the picture the depth it needs while still keeping that fun cartoon-y look. Cool.

Wings1295 said...

Very nice! I like it. :)

magikalseasons said...

Love that she's a little green! She is adorable in a monster sort of way! :)

Rue said...

What a great Bride! I love the colours - plus the cat is a nice addition! I'm glad you are sharing your art!

Bridgett said...

I actually think the green tint suits her quite well.

Wonderful job, Wendy.

)O(
boo

The Traveler said...

I like it. the green is a great shade. I like the way you used the overhead lights too =).
Thanks so much for sharing.

The Gill-Man said...

I dig her...and who cares if she's a little green? The film was in black & white...so maybe she actually WAS green??? ;-)

The Gill-Man said...

I hope to see other Univeral Monsters done in this style by you! There's this scaly critter I have a bit of an affinity for...

;-)

suzanne said...

Nice work! I know she wasn't green. But she should have been :D

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very nice! Great work as always!

Anonymous said...

She looks so thoughtful! Thanks so much for the blog award. I don't see how it could be a curse! lol I'll be sure and send it on.

Rowan LeBoutillier said...

I just wanted to say i love your blog. I found the Monster Party dvd at Walmart here in Canada. Love it!! I also came by to tell you that I have a gift for you over at my blog.
Happy Haunting!!!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well thank you all so very much for your positive feedback. I usually just do girls and witchy women. In fact, I've never done a 'monster' before. But she demanded to be drawn, so I obeyed. I liked her and later I'll share how I made her into a Halloween card. :o)

Belle Dee said...

Ahhh! She's Wonderful!! I remembered you mentioned you had a Bride you had done! I think the green is appropriate. In fact that 'bride' that I was working on (and never had time to finish) was going to be green as well. It's an artist's interpretation, so who cares what color she is!!
It looks great! I love it!

Broom Hilda said...

Darn..this is mighty good Wens! I love your art! ^_^

Anonymous said...

She is lovely!!