Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird,
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore-
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."
~ Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven
Artwork © Wendy A. (All Rights Reserved)
Update: We just received our passports this summer and were itching to try them out. So we got up early today and headed up to Montreal, Canada. It's just 3+ hours from where we are staying in Vermont so we decided to make the trek and check it out. Today was a cold, wet Autumn day in Montreal, so there were no street performers out and about and no carriage rides. But we did go see the Notre Dame which was incredible. We basically spent our 5 hours walking around Vieux Montreal and shooting some pics. This older area of the city is quite lovely with it's brick streets and alley ways. The trees were decked out in their Fall colors, and I really loved looking at the beautiful and stylish French people sporting their coats, hats, boots and scarves. I so wish I could speak their lovely language. Montreal was a great city that I most certainly want to go back to and explore further in the not so distant future....perhaps during Winter when it is blanketed in white. :o)


7 comments:
I love ravens. For me, the animalrepresent more the movie of Clouzot than the poet of Poe, but there you go. They are such intelligent creatures, with an undeserved bad reputation. Nevertheless, fiction can use this reputation to great effect. When my brothers and I play Dungeons & Dragons, the god of evil's emblem is a raven.
Beautiful image. Good to hear you're enjoying your trip. Old Montreal is indeed wonderful. :)
Cool stuff, indeed!
Glad you enjoyed your trip to my little Country! (Of course, I'm a West-Coaster, but I love Montreal too!)
Hey, you went to Montreal! Didn't see this at first. My wife and I love Old Montreal, as you know. Where did you go to eat? Hope our suggestions were helpful.
Ahhhh...I'd love to spend some time in Canada. It seems like such a beautiful, mellow place.
Your raven picture is gorgeous, as always.
)O(
boo
Guillaume...well I did love Montreal but you're never going to believe this. I still don't believe it...we literally ate nothing at all while we were there. We had full intentions of having a nice dinner in one of the numerous French restaurants, but the time passed by so quickly, that we realized we had to get on the road because we still had a 4+ hour drive ahead of us. I shot photos up to the last minute and then we headed out. And it's a good thing we did too, because it was Thanksgiving there and the traffic had really gotten bad, and then the US side of the border patrol took a lot longer than the Canada side had going in. So we got home very late, and without my lovely French dinner! Boo Hoo! It was the thing I looked forward to most too! Oh well, I will definitely be going back and next time I will know my way around better and will make sure to leave time for a lovely dinner. That area of the city was really nice! Thank you to you and your wife for suggesting Vieux Montreal! :o)
Post a Comment