Today was a busy day! Actually this weekend was a busy weekend. We celebrated a birthday here, and went to Universal and Harry Potter's Wizarding World. I was really hoping that they might have that area of the park all decked out for Halloween. You know, like the great hall is decorated in the Harry Potter films. But alas, nothing....boo hiss! But we did manage to do 2 fun Halloweeny things this weekend. 1.) We played Halloween Edition Yahtzee. I haven't played Yahtzee in years, and I am happy to report that my Halloween Magic was with me, and I rolled a Yahtzee on my very first turn...a Yahtzee of all Bats! And I beat the other 4 players to win the whole game. Woo Hoo! The second Halloweeny thing we did was 2.) Read "The Halloween Tree" book by Ray Bradbury. Of course I love "The Halloween Tree" video, it's my favorite Halloween movie of all because it captures not only the magic of the holiday, but also its ancient roots as well. It smartly teaches children why they even bother to celebrate it at all. But the book is SO much better even than the cartoon movie, because it can really get more in depth with the story. And Bradbury's magical way with words and descriptions just can't be beat. If you haven't actually read this book, I would encourage you to read it this Halloween Season, and every month of October from here on out. It's truly a spectacular celebration of the most magical holiday of all!
With that being said...I'm just posting a 'Parting Shot' image. That's my term for images taken from behind, which are some of my favorites. This shot above is of my niece, pillaging and plundering her loot after a hard night's work of Trick or Treating!


6 comments:
Halloween Yahtzee? I must find this!
Cute parting shot Wendy!
Victoria ♥
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Didn't know there was a movie of The Halloween Tree...will have to find it.
Great pic of your niece. She is quite absorbed by her loot!
I didn,t even know there was a "Halloween Tree", book or movie...until now! I thought it was just the name of your blog!
I didn't know there was a Halloween Yahtzee. I will have to find it too. Love the picture too. Hugs and sparkles - WG
So the Harry Potter section wasn't decked out, but the rest of Universal was, right? I mean, Halloween Horror Nights really should encompass the entire park, right?
Post a Comment