Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wickedly Delicious

Oh joy! Tomorrow is the first day of October! I can't believe it's finally here, and sadly I find myself completely unprepared for it this year. But that won't diminish my enthusiasm any. In fact, today was also the first day of cooler weather here in Florida. This morning Fall was certainly in the air. Unfortunately, It will be gone just as quickly, because we only get cool weather in spurts here. But I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Speaking of gifts...yesterday I received my Godiva catalog in the mail. Oh yes...it pays to be on that ma
iling list, and I should add that there are major perks that come with it like free gifts. What gifts you say? Well, this month's gift is an invitation to come into the store and receive 3, count them THREE, Godiva Truffles! Yum Yum! And that includes one of the new seasonal flavors....Pecan Pie! And you better believe that any good lil' Southern Witch worth her grits and toadstools, is going to fancy herself a pecan pie truffle from Godiva. Their other Fall flavors include Cinnamon Pear and Black Raspberry, as well as the standby favorite Pumpkin. Check out all the Fall/Hallowe'en goodies at Godiva.

So today I am celebrating two of my favorite things....Fall and Chocolate! Bon Appetite!

9 comments:

Guillaume said...

Wow, time goes so fast! October tomorrow. I am reading MR James at the moment,putting myself in a Halloween mood.

I have quite a sweet tooth and what you put here is mouth watering. But sadly I don't like candy apples anymore, even though they are so typical of the season, because of a bad experience last year:

http://vraiefiction.blogspot.com/2008/10/toffee-apple.html

That will teach me to buy cheap.

Anonymous said...

I feel a trip to the mall and the Godiva shop coming on...those black kitties are too cute! I'm gonna have to sign up for that news letter...thanks for the heads up, gal!☺

suzanne said...

They look and sound delicious!

I think I hear the mall calling me :)

magikalseasons said...

Yummy! Wonderful fall flavors. Those cats are almost too cute to eat. Almost!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it seems you have caused a stampede to the mall. i am heading there later today!!!! mmmm....

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh Drats! Someone here in my home threw away my invitation card to get my 3 free truffles. Heads are gonna roll over this one! I intend to go in there with my magazine and beg them to give them to me anyway. How could this horrible thing happen. They thought it was JUNK MAIL! :o(

The Gill-Man said...

Someone at your house is getting turned into a toad! Well, at least for a day or so!

Bridgett said...

Godiva...so good for my soul...so bad for my thighs. LOL

I love their almond truffles. YUM.

Now you have me craving all that yummy delicious chocolate, darnit!
:D

)O(
boo

Belle Dee said...

mmmm... chocolate!!