I don't know about anyone else, but as a tried and true Autumn person, I can attest to really loathing the stifling, long hot summers. The only thing that makes them even remotely bearable is the knowing that they will eventually be followed by Fall. But there is one other thing that can make up for the sweltering misery of summer....and that's a little summer movie magic.I am so stoked and excited I could just burst. First, because in the next couple of weeks, the newest Harry Potter movie will open at theaters nationwide. I LOVE the Harry Potter movies just as much as my children do. Oh how my endless imagination wishes that Hogwarts, potions class and Diagon Alley were real. And the Harry Potter movie alone would have salvaged the entire Summer for me. But it just got even better.....
I learned tonight that my favorite movie I've seen all year, is set to be released on DVD on Tuesday, July 21st. And that movie is none other than "Coraline". Yes...my favorite movie is indeed an animation, and it is fantabulous! We were lucky enough to see this in 3D and it was just THE BEST EVER! If you didn't manage to catch this awesome animated flick at the theaters, then now you have a second chance to view it on DVD. (That 2 Disk Collector's Edition is SO MINE!) View the trailer below to glimpse the superb stop motion animation. From the director of "The Nightmare Before Christmas", "Coraline" is perfectly creepy as well as thought provoking. My favorite part was the 'Moon Garden', complete with lighted Jack O'Lanterns! You can also do some cleverly creative things on the website too if you're so inclined. Coraline.com And remember....."Be Careful What You Wish For"!!!


7 comments:
Why don't you just have perfect taste in movie :)
Could not agree with you more.
Cheers!
I also hate summer and wish that Harry Potter type stuff was real. :}
Yep, I'm getting Coraline 2-disc DVD!
Well thanks FQ, and yes Dracenea...that is the ONLY problem with fantasy...that real life will never measure up to its magic and whimsy. Thank goodness we have our imaginations to take us to those places. And Belle, I knew you'd get the 2 disk set too, since you already got the button eyes! ;o)
Ahhh, I've LONG been a fan of Coraline, even before the movie! The book was written by Neil Gaiman, one of my all time favorite authors (he also created The Sandman comic, as well as The Books of Magic comic, which was a huge inspiration to Rowling when she wrote the first Harry Potter book). I LOVED the book, because it was Gaiman's first attempt at a novel primarily for children. Gaiman had become annoyed with the way children's books tended to pander to kids, and that the element of horror was dumbed-down. His solution? Write an actual scary book that would be suitable for kids who actually wanted to read something like that!
The movie was GREAT! It did tone the creepiness down a tad, but that doesn't surprise me (in fact, I was amazed at how much they left in!). The only major change was making the cast American, but this is a minor detail. Ultimately, the movie did a great job of capturing the feel of the book, and that is a rarity these days!
As for Harry Potter, I cannot WAIT! I LOVE the books, and I feel the films have done a great job so far! The final book is actually getting divided into TWO films, so as to include all the important plot details! Yay!
Daisy and I went to see this and we both loved it!! We too saw it in 3-D!! It was fantastic and I will be purchasing the DVD as well!!
Wow...very interesting info on Coraline Gilly! I haven't read the book, but it sounds fab. That's also interesting about Rowling. I have often wondered to myself that very thing....what in the world ever gave her the inspiration for something so fabulously creative and magical! I can't wait for Tuesday!
And SS...apparently most of us are planning to be owners of that DVD...ha!
Post a Comment