Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Your Ghost Host!

I just made a most wonderful discovery. A small grouping of some of my favorite things have all come together in one spooktacular little package. One of my favorite artists is Shag, and one of my favorite places is Disney....and my favorite ride at Disney is The Haunted Mansion. Well apparently the stars have collided in the night sky and brought these 3 favorite things of mine together. If I didn't know any better....I'd swear this happened solely for my own spooky little enjoyment. But alas...I must consider that perhaps, this stellar alignment of my favorite things didn't even have anything to do with me personally.

Welcome foolish mortals...to the Haunted Mansion. It appears that Shag will be your host....your GHOST host! Yes, at the invitation of Disneyland,....Shag has created 13 original pieces of art, and designed several limited edition pieces of merchandise to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion. The art and merchandise will be released on Sun., August 9th, and Shag will haunt the halls of the Mainstreet Gallery on that day for a meet and greet.

It would have been nice if this were happening at MY Walt Disney World here in Florida, but it is a sinister treat all the same. You can find a preview of the art an
d paranormal paraphernalia here, at Walt Disney Event Services. If you too, shiver with delight at the shrinking elevator, the doom buggies, the ghostly ballroom, and the hitchhiking ghosts that follow you home....then you simply MUST feast your beady lil' eyes on this 'spirited' collection of art....because it's 'Mostly Ghostly Daddy-O'! And don't forget to stop by Doombuggies.com for more news on the haunted happenings at the Mansion. Enjoy! Artwork © 2009 Josh Agle aka Shag

5 comments:

The Gill-Man said...

Oh WOW! I wish they'd had some of this stuff at WDW when I last went there!!! These are some INCREDIBLE pieces!

Belle Dee said...

Shag & Disney's Haunted Mansion. Two great tastes that tastes great together.

Dracenea said...

I have heard of this attraction but have never been to Disney world. You'll have to go for me sometime. :)

John Rozum said...

Great post. I'm putting togather a list of this year's Halloween Countdown participants. Let me know if you'll be one of them.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

They are incredible. I just love all his stuff, and I think he was a perfect choice for the Mansion anniversary.

Dracenea, we have season passed to WDW, so we go all the time. I am still always so shocked to find anyone who has never been. I hope you get to go one day....everyone should go at least once, even if it is after you're all grown up.

And YES John, please count me in for the Halloween Countdown this year and thanks for stopping by! :o)