Monday, August 9, 2010

Glow in the Dark Costumes

Yesterday I reported on the Non-Costume Costume (aka get naked and paint yourself). Today I present Glow in the Dark. Get a load of this! Is that Glowing Witch not the most smashing idea for a Halloween costume you've seen in a very long time?! I realize this may not be new for some, but it sure is for me. An uber-cool costume made entirely of GLOW STICKS! Just dress in head to toe black, and then tape the glow sticks around you in the shape of a stick person. This is just brilliant and I wish I'd thought of it myself, but I know my kids will completely dig the idea. And it allows for a great deal of creativity in the design phase as well. I also know it hasn't been done in our neighborhood yet, so they'll be completely original. Not to mention, I'll be able to locate them rather easily in the dark.

So....were you sitting there wondering what would happen if you melded Glow Sticks, Halloween Costumes and Beyonce together into one Creeptastic package? I just know you were, so you must watch this video and see the answer for yourself. It's great, and if you watch it to the end, you'll get to see them with the lights on, which will show you how they are constructed. Again, these things are BRILLIANT I tell you! You can find more Glow Costume ideas at www.GlowStickables.com

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Now that is truly spectacular!!! I hope someone comes to my party with one of those. Awesome!

Cheers!

Sam Hain said...

I'm actually working on a glow in the dark costume for this year, though it's a little different then this. I think I'm going to try glowsticks next year though, maybe get all of my friends to do some kind of stick figure crew.

The Traveler said...

I used to work at our local Renaissance faire and we would have after hours parties. One of the annual traditions was a parade and dance routine done by people in glowstick costumes called simply "stickmen". it was always a lot of fun.

Guillaume said...

Somehow those pics look like 80s pics.