Change is in the air~
Autumn leaves blow on the breeze
Harvest Moon is here!
Ah....yesterday the Autumn Equinox, tonight the Harvest Moon! Doesn't get much better than that does it? So I created a little 5-7-5 Haiku to honor the occasion. The Harvest Moon is my favorite moon of the y
ear for no other great reason than I love its name the best. Something about the word harvest puts me in an Autumn frame of mind. I think the Chinese have the right idea by celebrating with a Mid-Autumn festival. But what I really love is their use of the lanterns on this most auspicious evening. For this is also a festival of light for them, where they march in a processional carrying candle lit lanterns to celebrate the Moon and the Moon Goddess. I am so down with lantern lighting....for candle light and moon light are the most ambient lights of all in my opinion. And no one has
to twist my arm to be outside under a full moon. In fact, I have a special area in my back yard that I like to call my 'Gypsy Camp'. It's a special nook in our 'fern grotto' that I created especially to be able to sit outside at night, soaking up the rays of the moon, counting the stars, lighting candles, and enjoying a fire when it's cool enough. This is a magical spot of respite from the daily grind. A place where I can put on a little Django Reinhardt, burn scented oils and just totally relax. A place where I let my fertile imagination run wild so it will bring to me new idea
s and projects that are fused with creative lunar energy. However at this time of year I ponder on more seasonally important decisions, like where I'm going to place my pumpkins, what autumn treats I'll serve at this year's Pumpkin Carving soiree, and whether or not we could feasibly hook up a small hayride wagon to the back of our electric golf cart without destroying the cart or killing any riders. Yes...we Floridians have to develop a REALLY keen sense of imagination, and be adept at channeling all things 'Fall
-ish', in order to make ourselves believe that it really is Autumn even though all the leaves are still green and the temps are in the 80's. The images accompanying this post are shots of my little encampment all lit up in celebration of the coming Autumn Season and the Harvest Moon tonight! I encourage you all to go outside, play in the moonbeams and soak up some of that magical lunar energy. It's a marvelous night for a moondance don't you think? :o)
All Images © Wendy A. (All Rights Reserved)


18 comments:
Oh I love your Gypsy Camp! Great Shots! Your retreat is much more refined and I think you've captured the Fall Feeling wonderfully. I was outside last night playing in the Moonlight. My shots didn't come out. My deck is cover with crunchy fall leaves and withered tomatoe plants. Today Indian Summer we are hitting the 90's.
Wow! Great shots.
Oh, and Wendy, here are a few posts I wrote in the past about Autumnwatch, I thought you might be interested to read them:
http://vraiefiction.blogspot.com/2009/11/autumnwatch-on-youtube.html
http://vraiefiction.blogspot.com/2009/10/autumnwatch.html
What a gorgeous little respite you have!
Your Gypsy Camp is wonderful Wendy. Happy Harvest Moon.
Victoria ♥
Oh my, this is...amazing! How wonderfully delightful!
How Magickal! What a beautiful place to soak up the enchantment of a full moon.
Beautiful!! I'm ready to spend the evening gazing at the moon!
~ Iva
You've captured 'Magick' in your little Gypsy Camp! I so love it!
Looks very warm and inviting to be Stargazing and Moon Watching!
Happy Harvest Moon to You! :)
What a wonderful setup you've got there! The photos are amazing and the light looks so mysterious and romantic.
I am in love with your camp! I wish I had enough lawn to have some cuteness like this! All these images reminded me of a favorite quote "October dresses in flame and gold, like a woman afriad of growing old" I LOVE the strong colors you are using. I am def. inspired
Spectacular! What a wonderful idea, and oh, so elegant!
A fitting tribute to your (and my!) favourite time of year.
What a beautiful place to sink into - whether it's moon-watching or just escaping. Good for you for making yourself such a comfy place!
Well thank you all for your kind comments. I do love my little retreat a lot. And I encourage everyone to have their own spot in nature to just veg out and relax. :o)
OMG!!! I so want that lol. So gorgeous.
Beautiful!
Your blog makes me so happy, because since I live in Scandinavia I have to do my Halloween-celebrating vicariously through the web...
I feel so lucky to have seen with my own two eyes, your beautiful gypsy garden oasis! These photos are simply divine and sooo pretty! ^_^
This is a magikal retreat and I do so love that fern grotto.
Post a Comment