Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bottles and Ribbons and Owls...oh my!

Okay....I mentioned two days ago that I experienced my first Halloween sightings at my local stores. And I'm pretty certain that Michael's has everyone beat for being the earliest spook to the party every year. Of course they are JUST beginning to unload the goodies for 2012, but here are a few of the earliest offerings spotted in my area.
I like the ribbon selection this year, especially the Blood Splattered book pages design, and the Witch and Frankenstein ribbons....clever and cute for wrapping Halloween gifts!The Ribbon, Autumn Floral, Fake Owls, Crows and Pumpkins are always the first things to sprout around these parts. But I did especially like those new Apothecary Bottles above with the vintage designs. How about you guys....anything exciting in your neck of the haunted woods?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you again and the Halloween stuff once more. Hope you remember me too I am formerly the Witchy Godmother and back because I missed my blogs :D I see I am going to have to get shopping again!
Hugs and sparkles

Belle Dee said...

Haven't been back out since last weekend, but Michaels was just beginning to put this stuff out.
Really like the ribbon with the spooky portraits! And the black and orange diamond pattern!

Knock Knock Street said...

Well I guess i'll be off to Michaels saturday. I like those Apothecary bottles too. Now I feel like getting out my Halloween decorations!
Mary

Celia said...

oooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.......it's that time of year again!!!! hello friend! i always miss you during the "off season"

Old Fashion Halloween said...

I did like the bottles with the cute labels this year.

Halloweenman666 said...

Bummer, I was just near a Michaels today when my wife asked me if I wanted to check out and see if they had their Halloween stuff out yet, I said there is no way they have it out already :( Guess I was wrong.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well hello again to some familiar faces out there....seems there are quite a few bloggers who've been on hiatus and are just checking in again for the season. It is our favorite time of the year though...so it makes sense. Can't wait to see what else everyone starts to find...I swear this is my favorite time....the Autumn/Halloween shopping season...hooray! :o)

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Hi Wendy! So good to see you back :)

Hugs,
Victoria

ThatLady said...

Hi there - I love your blog and was excited to see you back! I work at a Bath and Body works and we are just starting to get some of our Fall merchandise (although we haven't put them out on the floor yet). There are some really nice candles that smell amazing - like pumpkin cupcake and Farmstand apple, which are my favorites. Look for them soon!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey Victoria...I missed you and your wonderful creations while I was away! I hope you are well my friend...can't wait to see what you've been brewing up! :o)

And hello to 'That Lady'...I'm so happy to be back and what good news you bring too. I've been needing to hit up my local B&BW for awhile now....as my hand soap supply has dwindled down. But I was waiting a lil' longer until the Fall goodies arrived...of course that's my favorite time to visit the store. The new flavors sound lovely. I went and looked online and am curious how the Autumn scent smells. My Fall favorite has always been Leaves, but I enjoy all the Autumn scents....can't wait to check them all out. Thank you so much for the 411!

exoticat said...

Welcome back, Wendy! I saw some early signs of Halloween at a Target recently and today at a local grocery store I saw some Halloween ideas for decorating on a magazine cover....so it's been sparked here in Seattle.
However, I am moving to Kauai on August 10th, so I am not sure what Halloween will be like this year! Maybe I can plan a trip one year and visit during the Halloween season, that would feel like an adventure! Maybe visit some of the New England areas (like Salem) like you have experienced.
I look forward to your delightful posts again this season. :)
p.s. Love those Owls! I must visit a Michaels before I go...