Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Little Like Halloween!

It's Beginning to look a lot little like Hallowe'en!
Hello Hello....not sure who is still haunting the halls over here in Halloween Town, as I've been MIA for most of this year so far. I've certainly missed reading about all things spooky and ookie, but it's been a busy year for me. I thought I'd attempt to make a post here and there along the way, but time kept on "tickin', tickin', tickin', into the future".....so I figured I should just wait until Autumn was a little closer so that I could write, out of 'anticipation and excitement' once again.
Garden Ridge

Garden Ridge
It's hotter than Hades here in the Sunshine State, so it's hard to believe that Autumn is just around the bend. In fact, there are already Autumn and Halloween items slowly creeping their way into area stores here, like Michael's, JoAnnes, The Dollar Store and Garden Ridge.

And I am well aware that the ever-earlier and earlier
creep of Halloween merchandise into stores is a 'bone' of contention for some...but I try never to look a headless gift-horse in the mouth.

However, I must complain loudly about Hobby Lobby having their entire Christmas section up while only having a few Autumn rows, and NO HALLOWEEN at all! A full Christmas section in JULY?! With no Halloween to be had? That's just downright dastardly if you ask me!
Hobby Lobby

Anyway, I have missed everyone here so much. Time just flies by at warp speed lately it seems, and I never have enough time to do all that I'd like to do. But, I hope everyone is starting to feel a little spark of electricity in the air as the first signs of the season begin to emerge. I know I always thrill to my first Halloween sightings....even when they are in July, because it is that gradual buildup, and weekly trips to the stores to see what is new that I enjoy so much. In fact, I also found my very first Autumn Magazine at Target too....
Phyllis Hoffman Cel
ebrate Autumn!
So I will be making an effort to sweep the dust off of my doorstep, and clear the cobwebs out of my cauldron, so I can get back into the swing of things here in Halloween Town, and I look forward to checking in on everyone's blog to see what I've missed! :o)

13 comments:

Ghoulie Girls said...

Welcome back! I too took a sabbatical and am back to celebrate the season. Haunt on!

suzanne said...

Welcome back! I'm so jealous. Nary a sign of Halloween around these parts yet.

Sarah E. Jahier said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for sharing your recent finds!

I haven't seen anything Halloweeny in stores yet, but I've got my eyes peeled!

I'm so glad it is Halloween countdown season!

Barbara F. said...

Well, Wendie, I started following you and then realized you had not posted in a long time, and just today I did an Autumn post on my blog, and poof! like magic you reappeared!! xo

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well hello fellow Autumn folks...so glad to know that you all are still spooking around this place. Nice to see familiar faces. Can't believe it's nearing that magical time of year again. Looking forward to everyone's posts! :o)

J.E. Bolton said...

I think I might take a trip to Hobby Lobby myself! Welcome back. I know what it's like to be MIA. I think we all can.

Lisa said...

Welcome back!

I was at Garden Ridge about a month ago & they were just starting to get a few things in - I picked up my 5' skeleton then (and drove around with him buckled in my car - LOL!)

I need to go back to check out the blowmolds!

Yes, mad at Hobby Lobby. They say they are a Christian company and don't "do" Halloween - but that's a whole 'nother argument.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH you're back !!!! Wonderful !! I really missed your blog posts.
What a wonderful post about Halloween. I can hardly wait for it to arrive too : )

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey Lisa...I know what you mean about Hobby Lobby, but they do actually put out Halloween merchandise, but they wait til' the last minute and try to promote 'Autumn and Christmas' more...presumably to give them more importance maybe! I just think 6 months of looking at Christmas items is TOO much and I'd be sick of it by the time December rolled around. Glad you got your Skeleton...they bring such life (or death rather) to the party! Har Har! :o)

The Gill-Man said...

Yeah, I really don't even go to Hobby Lobby anymore. I know someone who manages one of their stores, and he told me that the corporation basically only puts out the tidbits of Halloween that they do just to have something to compete with Michael's. They have half a freakin' store dedicated to Christmas stuff in the middle of Summer, so I have NO desire to go in there. The past several years I've found myself utterly sick of Christmas decorations by Thansgiving!

Belle Dee said...

It must be getting close to the Halloween season, cause the Wonderful, Whimsical Wens has re-appeared!! So thrilled to see the new posts!

Not much Halloween stuff here. Michael's has put out some stuff. Nothing at Home Goods, not much at JoAnn's. Yankee Candle is suppose to unleash their Halloween collection the first week of August.
The thing I'm wondering is 'Is Martha Stewart going to release a Halloween magazine this year?' Last years issue was a complete surprise since they only put one out ever other year. Maybe they decided they need to put one out every year (fingers crossed).

Fear Street said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again. LOVE this blog!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Dave and Belle Dee....my long time friends...so glad to see you all again. I always miss you guys when I'm away, and I haven't been doing FB for months so I haven't been able to check in on ya'll! And yep...when Witchy Wens comes out of hiding...Halloween must be getting close...ha!

And hello to you Fear Street...thank you for stopping by to say hi again. :o)