Friday, August 26, 2011

Pumpkin Coffee Time

Well the weekend is here and some new Halloween mags (BH&G Halloween and Martha Stewart Halloween) are out on the shelves. I still haven't had a chance to read mine though. But I did FINALLY score myself the very first bag of Pumpkin Pie Coffee from HomeGoods. I have been jonesing for some Pumpkin coffee to mix in with my Chocolate Truffle and Cinnamon Vanilla Nut Coffee. It might not sound good if you don't enjoy flavored coffee, but if you like it flavored and sweet then it's the bomb! My family calls it 'Wendy's Witch Brew'! That little concoction was my morning treat throughout the Fall and Winter last year. But eventually the Pumpkin coffee ran out and it was unavailable anywhere until NOW! So I plan to run out today to do a quick sweep of the stores for anything new, get all my mags, and settle in this weekend. I will make myself a big mug of Pumpkin/Chocolate coffee, read through my Halloween magazines and maybe even begin watching some of my first Halloween videos of the season.Speaking of the 'SEASON'.....when do ya'll start decorating inside and out? My routine is that the inside gets decorated at the beginning of September and the outside gets decorated at the beginning of October. And technically, we only have one week left of August. So I might just have the hubster lug down my gazillion Halloween boxes this weekend to start sorting through it all. I know there are some who don't like to skip 'autumn' decorating first, before putting out the Halloween decor. But I really do both at the same time, and that lets me extend my favorite season and holiday for 2 full months. I figure since I put so much time and effort into it, I might well get to enjoy it a little longer. However my decor is not a blood, guts, gore kind of thing. Mine has a Witch's House/Apothecary sort of vibe to it, along with Autumn. I took lots of photos last year, but never had time to post them. So I will post some this year. I kind of used "Practical Magic" as my inspiration. Our party guests LOVE to peruse around and check out all the details when they come for our Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. And that right there is why we do it isn't it? To make the holiday memorable for our friends and family and to spread the fun and excitement of Hallowe'en!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Belle Dee said...

WAIT! WAIT! Back it up there! Martha Stewart Halloween issue??!! OUT NOW??? My googling is not retrieving a cover photo!! Ack!!!
I hope it's a good one, after last year, when I got excited for nothing. Since it was all reprinted material.

Mal said...

I start doing my fall decorating around September 1st, and bring out the really Halloween themed stuff on October 1st. I am so happy it's almost September!

Sarah E. Jahier said...

I am not a big fan of flavored coffee, but I always end up buying some pumpkin coffee!!

Excited that you picked up some Halloween mags...I'm hoping to pick some up this weekend...can't wait!

Your decorating scheme sounds like it is to die for!! Can't wait until you post photos!

Wings1295 said...

Looks good! Never had it, but I bet I would like it, as well.

As for decorating, we don't usually do Halloween stuff until October. Can't wait, though!

All That Glitters said...

I can't wait to see your decor! I'm not into gore and guts either. I have little ones too though. MY oldest is scared to death of just dogs! lol! I will probably start the second weekend of September. I will put more traditional pumpkin/fall stuff out first and then October I will switch everything to Halloween related. I want this this time of year to be the most memorable for my children and friends as well!

Wow! I'm really talkative today!

Rook Wilder said...

I'm jealous. I want pumpkin coffee.
At Punkinhaus I go into the haunted attic first week of September and start indoor and outdoor decorating around then.
We've got this hurricane this weekend, so it might all get delayed.

suzanne said...

I'm waiting patiently for the return of Pumpkin Spice lattes. I've never seen pumpkin coffee. Don't get me started on the lack of pumpkin/Halloween themed foods in Nova Scotia! :/

magikalseasons said...

Yummy thumbs up on the coffee! Your decor is just magical! I have noticed the pumpkin beer and my very favorite wine Witches Brew is out too. I have just started pulling out my Autumn & Halloween. I will wait till October to bust out the Halloween bathroom & Halloween sheets though.

Guillaume said...

I don't like coffee, not at all, except sometimes Italian coffee, but I would love to try this pumpkin flavoured coffee.

Mama L said...

Ohhh Pumpkin coffee...where did you find that at, I can not find any premade pumpkin food here yet...still to early ! I think your timing with the decor schedule is great, I do the same. I just started hauling up Halloween boxes today and did a quick swing by Goodwill to see if I could find anything else I could use. I am looking forward to the pictures. I have little kids so no blood & guts stuff here, and really even if no kids I am not a blood and guts type of person. Witchy, pumpkiny, mad scientist lab, fun ghosts and goblins and such. Blessings

Megan said...

I decorate (inside & out) on the Fall Equinox, which falls on Friday this year so that will be a nice start to the weekend. Although, a lot of my decor is Halloween-ish year round!

Oh, I told my hubby about your pumpkin/chocolate coffee idea...we are totally doing that! We usually wait for Starbucks to put out their pumpkin spice latte, but we'll make our own this year.

Celia said...

Ooooooo.....I wish I lived close enough to you to come see your decorations! I just LOVE this time of year.....I think my Halloween/Autumn decorations will have to come out soon. I can't wait to see pictures!

Petunia said...

Wendy, being a fellow Halloween-aholic I really enjoy visiting your blog. Since you mentioned your Halloween decor is more in the style of Practical Magic I'd like to invite you to stop by my Practical Magic blog party page and see if you might like to join. The party is on September 24, I'd love to have you join us for midnight margaritas if you can. Have a great weekend :)

Anna

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well good to know that I'm not the only one who likes to decorate early. I figure it's my favorite time of the year, so I may as well surround myself with things that make me happy!

And Megan...we are alike in that respect. I too have things out year round that others might consider unconventional or 'halloweeny'! For instance in my bedroom I have a phrenology head and collection of hands with Gypsy Rings on them, Venetian witch mask, vintage witch boots and owls, suns, moons and stars. :o) I should like to have an Autumn Equinox party...wouldn't that be fun?

Belle...it is out, I bought it today at B&N, but I have not even cracked it open yet...hope it's good!

Herr Punkinstein...don't be jealous. The pumpkin coffee should be out in a store near you real soon. I just picked up a different brand today in fact. If you have a Home Goods...go hit it up!

Hi Anna...nice to meet you. I will check out your Practical Magic blog party. I've only done one other 'blog' thing and that was a 'Yule' blog. They are fun to view...not sure if I can handle doing them or not. Thank you for inviting me!

Mal....you'll have to post some pics of your decor. We love to share Autumn and Halloween here.

Anonymous said...

I did a quick look see through the Halloween magazines and I think the Martha Stewart one is not just a reprint and mix of the past ones. I agree I was disappointed with last years but will be checking out them once I am back at the office.

Megan said...

I tried to buy a phrenology head just on Thursday but it was $30 and I thought I better wait to see what Halloween stuff I wanna buy first! Great minds think alike! Year round I have a "blinged-out" skull, a "spooky" bust, tons of Tim Burton figurines, Addams Family stuff, Day of the Dead collectibles, etc. I try to keep it grown-up & not cheesy, but I love these things too much to put them away!

Oooh an Autumn Equinox party sounds fun! hehehe I <3 this time of year! And I love that I'm not the only one obsessed! There's not a whole lot of us around, lol

Anonymous said...

I am an autumn person always, 24/7, 365 days a year! Love your blog, too!
Jan

Belle Dee said...

I got it!! It's pretty good!! There's some reprinted ideas, but some new stuff as well.

Joane said...

Mmmmm, pumpkin chocolate coffee.....my favorite flavors. I just might follow your lead and check out the Home Goods store. I've never been to one as there wasn't one in California (at least not where I lived) but, there is one near my new place in Nevada. What a great way to spend the weekend!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Joanne...definitely check out your Home Goods. It's a fabulous store for any time of year and I think the prices are pretty good on most things.

Belle and Witchy GM....I am about to go sit down and read mine right now. Glad to know that you give it your seal of approval Belle, cause that means I am guaranteed to like it too. Thanks for the review. :o)

Jan....so very nice to meet you. Your artwork is just lovely as are your poems. Welcome to our little circle of Autumn lovers! :o)

And Megan...we Halloween Heads are a small eclectic group for sure. I know I am doing my part to try and increase the love and joy of Halloween among the masses. But the pickins' are slim here in Florida it seems. I've not really found anyone around locally who REALLY REALLY thrills to it the way I do. Hence, why I maintain this blog. I need to share the excitement with other like-minded folks. Your decorating sounds perfectly wonderful to me. Not everyone 'gets' us Halloween types....but that's okay! We understand each other and that's all that matters! Ha! :o)