Don't ask me why, but I seem to have an affinity for those who are purveyors of the 'Dark Arts'! By that I mean.....any and all whose artistic, creative leanings tend to sway to the darker side of life...especially Hallowe'en! So is it any wonder that I'd be thrilled to
find these Sinister Sofas? You gotta love the minds that come up with this kind of stuff. Coffin Couches were sold on-line at the Etsy shoppe of VonErickson.
But I could only find a cached page when I searched, so I think he has moved his site. But these bold beauties are fashioned from recycled 18 gauge steel coffins collected from funeral homes in Southern California. Now before you let out a collective "Eeewww"....you should know that
these coffins were not used for burials due to small cosmetic issues. But the craftsmen are doing their part to stay 'green' by re-purposing the coffins into these artistically clever, albeit macabre couches. They are modified and reconfigured to create a perfectly creepy one of a kind couch. Some can even be kept closed for realistic Hallowe'en decor, or opened up for use as a place to sit.I'm not sure all of these are from Von Erickson, but they ARE all fiendishly fantastic! Your friends won't be lying when they say you have a sofa to 'die for'!


6 comments:
Those are sooooo cool. I want one!!!
It's too sunny and Springy now...bring back the windy dark days of October!
Now where to find the space in the living room for that?
How very Adamms Family!
Love them! I have just recently found your blog.....and I love it! I love that I have found more Autumn People!
Yes...how very Adam's Family indeed! They are pretty cool aren't they? An acquired taste perhaps...ha! Welcome Celia...this indeed the home of many Autumn People so you are in good company! :o)
I would so have the first sofa if it was wine and black in my living room and the blue one in my seaonal room. Oh by the way my maiden name is Adams. Maybe that why I decorated my ranch home in goth castle style.
Post a Comment