And now for the theft....so, last Halloween night, I set up one of my skeletons on the bench by my front door. I dressed her as a witch, complete with clothes, hat, cauldron and potion bottles. For my inside apothecary, I like to use old bottles and ones I make myself. But I had an assortment of those colored ones from Michaels that I seldom bring out, so I decided to use them. As the annual tradition mandates, we left my Mom to man the door for the Trick-or-Treaters, while we headed out with our gang on the golf cart. Later in the evening we returned home, once the visitors had dwindled down to almost nil' and the grand-parental units were tuckered out inside. But much to my horror...I noticed that most of my potion bottles were GONE!
I assumed my Mom must have taken them inside for some reason. But upon further inquiry, she had not. NO, indeed....someone had stolen all of my potion bottles except for ONE! (There were only about 3-4) But still, what vile lil' creatures dared to come up to my home, that I decorated so lovingly spooky for their amusement....and proceed to STEAL my decorations while my parents were distracted or gone inside???? That was disheartening for me to say the least! I guess I should just be thankful they didn't steal the skeleton and the cauldron too. But what kind of heartless monster does something like that? And my poor Mom was mortified that they had stolen them while she was on door duty....ha! I assured her it was not her fault, and that they weren't even my good bottles anyway. But that's not the point...the point is that they violated my Halloween Property....curse them...curse them all!
I have a good mind to put a sign on the door this Halloween saying: "HALT, Ye Thieving, Gutless Trolls That Stoleth My Potion Bottles Last Hallow's Eve....BE WARNED! The Witch that Resides Here Has Placed a most Heinous and Evil Curse Upon Your Wicked, Wretched Soul!!" :o(


1 comment:
I am so sorry about your bottles. I k now just what you mean; it's not that they were of huge value, it's the violation of the act itself.
Are you familiar with Midnight Syndicate? They have THE BEST Halloween music, ever.
Post a Comment